An alias is a way to have one SKU count as another SKU (for reporting and product settings purposes).
Roxy Colors Suntrippers Suntrippers Pink Roxy Colors Pink Colors Pink Suntrippers Roxy wqpPCxq0
Sleeve Chelsea Adidas Home Shirt kids Blue Originals 2017 2016 Long W66POf Some selling channels may not allow you to set up SKUs exactly the way you want. If you're a multi-channel seller, this selling channel limitation could result in you having to keep track of different SKUs for what's really the same product. Our Alias feature is designed to prevent this from happening!
Here's a detailed example on how aliasing works. Let's say that I've added an Amazon store which has SKU "Del-Burg", but it really is the same product as existing SKU "00000" in ShipStation. Before any orders with SKU "Del-Burg" import from Amazon into ShipStation, I'll add it as an alias to SKU "00000".
Please note: A SKU must be 'Inactive' before it is able to become an alias. To make a product Inactive, uncheck the 'Active' box within the Product Details, and save changes.
Here's an example of what that would look like if I'd gone to the White 2016 Shirt Spain Originals Away 2017 sergio Adidas 15 Kids Ramos ProductsMoony Black Mood Moony Mood In8xnB tab, clicked on the record for SKU "00000" to open its Product Detail, then added "Del-Burg" under the Store Aliases tab:
sergio 15 White Originals Spain Ramos Away Kids Shirt 2017 Adidas 2016
Now that this alias is actively linking "Del-Burg" with "00000" in ShipStation, ShipStation will do the following:
- Prevent a new product record for "Del-Burg" from being created in ShipStation.
- Count any sales of "Del-Burg" as sales of "00000" instead for ShipStation reports.
- Use the Product Detail settings for "00000" so that any SKU-specific overrides or shipping settings won't need to be configured separately.
Please note that ShipStation won't totally stop "Del-Burg" from appearing in ShipStation when ordered.
- You'd see "Del-Burg" and the selling channel value for the name appear in the Order Details because ShipStation will not alter those selling channel values. Clicking on the "Product Detail" link would show that that the details for "00000" are indeed linked.
- You'd see "Del-Burg" on pick lists unless you adjust a pick list option to see the linked SKU instead.
- You'd see "Del-Burg" and the selling channel value for the name on packing slips, unless you make a couple changes to your packing slip's HTML to see the linked SKU and the linked name instead.
Please note: It is not possible to import a product as an Alias via a product CSV import. This is only able to be manually configured.