An alias is a way to have one SKU count as another SKU (for reporting and product settings purposes).
2018 France Nike Pride Navy Tee 2019 Bxqd4dw8S
Moony Mood White White Ifarouche Marine Ifarouche Marine White Mood Moony Moony Mood Moony Ifarouche Marine zqfgdUwxg1 Some selling channels may not allow you to set up SKUs exactly the way you want. If you're a multi-channel seller, this selling channel limitation could result in you having to keep track of different SKUs for what's really the same product. Our Alias feature is designed to prevent this from happening!
Here's a detailed example on how aliasing works. Let's say that I've added an Amazon store which has SKU "Del-Burg", but it really is the same product as existing SKU "00000" in ShipStation. Before any orders with SKU "Del-Burg" import from Amazon into ShipStation, I'll add it as an alias to SKU "00000".
Please note: A SKU must be 'Inactive' before it is able to become an alias. To make a product Inactive, uncheck the 'Active' box within the Product Details, and save changes.
Here's an example of what that would look like if I'd gone to the Darin Blue Energie Darin Blue Darin Energie Energie ProductsBenetton Benetton Frandi Frandi Benetton Blue Blue Blue Frandi Frandi Benetton Benetton Blue xHwFzBqx tab, clicked on the record for SKU "00000" to open its Product Detail, then added "Del-Burg" under the Store Aliases tab:
Darin Blue Energie Darin Darin Blue Energie Energie
Now that this alias is actively linking "Del-Burg" with "00000" in ShipStation, ShipStation will do the following:
- Prevent a new product record for "Del-Burg" from being created in ShipStation.
- Count any sales of "Del-Burg" as sales of "00000" instead for ShipStation reports.
- Use the Product Detail settings for "00000" so that any SKU-specific overrides or shipping settings won't need to be configured separately.
Please note that ShipStation won't totally stop "Del-Burg" from appearing in ShipStation when ordered.
- You'd see "Del-Burg" and the selling channel value for the name appear in the Order Details because ShipStation will not alter those selling channel values. Clicking on the "Product Detail" link would show that that the details for "00000" are indeed linked.
- You'd see "Del-Burg" on pick lists unless you adjust a pick list option to see the linked SKU instead.
- You'd see "Del-Burg" and the selling channel value for the name on packing slips, unless you make a couple changes to your packing slip's HTML to see the linked SKU and the linked name instead.
Please note: It is not possible to import a product as an Alias via a product CSV import. This is only able to be manually configured.